Format: Online Cohort Course
Duration: 1 session
Time Expectation: 40 minutes
In this course, students will gain the skills and techniques necessary to see things how they really are, not how you think they are. There are 6 different fallacies overviewed so students can learn the material in chunks, but during one session to enhance their understanding of errors in reasoning. Students move progressively toward stronger understanding of 6 of the most common logical fallacies.
- Red Herring | Gain the ability to see past distractions.
- Ad Hominem | Distinguish between personal attacks and attacks of the argument.
- Slippery Slope | Understand false and unlikely claims.
- Appeal to Ignorance | Skip past unknowns.
- Casual | Figure out the difference between sequential and causal occurrences.
- Circular Argument | Make sure to bring in new information.