Format: Online Cohort Course
Time Expectation: 90 minutes/week
In this course, students will gain the skills and techniques necessary to see things how they really are, not how you think they are. There are 6 different fallacies overviewed so students can learn the material in chunks, but during one session to enhance their understanding of errors in reasoning. Students move progressively toward stronger understanding of 6 of the most common logical fallacies.
- Debate in the Real World | Learn about the history, importance, and structure of debate!
- CWI Link Chain | Develop an argument and learn the importance of causal relationships.
- Case Development | Figure out how to structure a case.
- Block Writing | Anticipate and prepare rebuttals for a case.
- Flowing | Learn how to capture notes that will be used for a flow.
- Crossfire | Prepare for the first real clash of a tournament debate round.